A collection of all my wintery tunes, with a few new ones, remixed & mastered...enjoy :)
"Joel Willoughby is here to bring you a little calm this season with the 12 folk-pop holiday songs in his album Christmas Lights. What makes for an impressive seasonal undertaking in all, Willoughby’s original songs like the wistful “So Far Away On Christmas Day,” and the dazzling “Christmas Lights” are the brightest stars." (Grayowl Point)
released November 27, 2015
Album produced by Jon Anderson. Recorded, mixed & mastered by Jon Anderson @ Buena Vista Audio/Protection Island. Some pre-production recorded @ artHouse studio (except for 'Nothing to Offer' which was recorded @ the late great Basement Winter by Jon Anderson...many moons ago).
All instrumentation by Joel Willoughby & Jon Anderson.
(Andy Greenwood played electric guitar on 'Museums & Churches.')
Wonderful Background Vocals by:
Amanda Willoughby on 'Canadian Winters.' Lindy Jackson on 'Museums & Churches,' 'No Words To Say,' 'Oh Come, Oh Come, Emmanuel,' 'What Child Is This?' & 'Christmas Eve.' Rebecca Rowan on 'Nothing To Offer.' Jon Anderson on all others.
Album photo by Amanda Willoughby.
CD & digital cover design by Jon Anderson.
1. 'Christmas Lights' written by Joel Willoughby.
2. 'I Believe in Father Christmas' written by Greg Lake & Peter Sinfield.
3. 'Museums & Churches' written by Joel Willoughby.
4. 'O Come, O Come, Emmanuel' is Public Domain.
5. 'Canadian Winters' written by Rebecca Rowan.
6. 'New Years Day' written by U2.
7. 'What Child Is This' is Public Domain.
8. 'So Far Away On Christmas Day written by Joel Willoughby.
9. 'No Words To Say' written by Rebecca Rowan.
10. 'Northern Star' written by Joel Willoughby.
11. 'Christmas Eve' written by Joel Willoughby.
12. 'Nothing To Offer' written by Jon Reine / with 'Little Drummer Boy' (Public Domain).
A big thank-you to Rebecca Rowan & Jon Reine for letting me record their songs.
'New Years Day' & 'I Believe in Father Christmas' licensed through: songclearance.com
This album is © 2015 eyes & ears productions/joel willoughby